Who We Are Looking For:
We are currently seeking a Systems Analyst to join our small and very efficient IT team, operating out of our HQ in North York, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve a number of existing business systems and applications.
- Gather user requirements, document and analyze workflows.
- Design and create new business systems/applications working with external development teams.
- Perform system testing of software applications to ensure data integrity, and user acceptance of final product.
- Test and the install new releases and modules as required.
- Other duties as assigned: assistance with help desk tickets, troubleshooting various applications, and other general IT duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- A minimum of 3 years as Systems Analyst.
- Ability to write, understand and optimize existing complex MS SQL queries.
- Experience writing software requirement specifications and test specifications.
- Experience working with in-house and external developer teams.
- Experience creating and managing Agile/Waterfall projects using project management software.
- Experience gathering and documenting user requirements and capturing workflows using BPM notation.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Ability to partner with internal clients, software vendors and technical consultants to identify resolutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of software development methodologies.
- Able to work independently or in a group.
- Highly flexible and open to new ideas.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated individual.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple competing tasks.
- A proven self-starter and idea generator.
- Experience designing/configuring/managing ERP systems.
- Experience designing/configuring/managing CRM systems.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as XML, HTML and .Net Framework (including VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET).
- Experience working in Retail environment.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19. Occasionally visit office as needed.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Working extra hours as necessary.
- On-call duties in a support capacity.
- Occasional travel to company locations.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.