- Greet customers in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Determine customer needs, offer recommendations of product on hand, and inform them of store promotions and events.
- Answer customer inquiries and solve customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Achieve store sales goals by providing sound customer experience.
- Accurately handle all register transactions including exchanges, refunds, cancellations, tax exemption, etc.
- Securely handle store funds.
- Ensure that register areas and the retail floor are stocked at all time.
- Promote a positive shopping experience by ensuring the store remains visually appealing through properly displaying merchandise.
- Check fitting rooms and place unwanted merchandise to racks as defined by sorting standards.
- Ensure that all store opening and closing duties are performed.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all register areas, the retail floor, fitting rooms, and washrooms are kept in an organized and clean manner in accordance with company housekeeping standards.
- Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft.
- Maintain a safe workplace by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to management and the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Immediately report employee or customer accidents to management.
- Answer On-Site Donations door to receive donations from customers, assisting customers with moving/unloading product when necessary.
- Effectively handle all incoming phone calls by providing required information or transferring calls.
- Roll racks as needed from fitting room and processing department to retail floor.
- Maintain professionalism while communicating with peers, managers, customers and while using the store intercom system.
- Assist management with the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested by management.
- 1+ years of experience working in retail.
- Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
- Sales Oriented- Engage with customers while utilizing in-depth knowledge of stock on hand to help assist with shopping needs.
- Basic Math and Money Handling- Properly facilitate all register transactions.
- Problem Solving- Troubleshoot customer issues or complaints with little to no assistance from management.
- Communication Skills- Interactions with customers are enthusiastic, polite, professional, and informative.
- Collaboration- Must work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
- Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs without assistance throughout shift.
- Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations and noise levels.
- Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Interaction with customers, clients, and the public at large.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.