Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Retail Floor Manager by coordinating the efforts of Retail Floor Team Members to ensure daily department standards are achieved.
- Assist the Retail Floor Manager with the selection, screening, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of Retail Floor Team Members.
- Lead in the training of Retail Floor Team Members in point of sale operations, customer service, merchandising, loss prevention, company policies and recovery duties – among other tasks.
- Work as an integral part of the management team by providing support, attending meetings and sharing information.
- Support the Retail Floor Manager with providing direction to Retail Floor Team Members regarding company policies and procedures.
- Recognize and report Retail Floor Team Member policy infractions to the Retail Floor Manager and General Manager.
- Assist in the implementation of employee recognition programs and events.
Health and Safety
- Monitor all register areas, the retail floor, fitting rooms and washrooms to ensure they are kept in an organized and clean manner in accordance to company housekeeping standards.
- Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft. Take appropriate action when external and internal theft occurs.
- Provide a safe workplace environment by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to the General Manager and Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Immediately report and document employee or customer accidents to the Retail Floor Manager or General Manager.
- Routinely complete floor walks to determine priorities and delegate tasks to Retail Floor Team Members.
- Accurately handle all register transactions including exchanges, refunds, cancellations, tax exemption, etc.
- Promptly provide pricing verification for merchandise when tags are missing or when a price is in question at the register.
- Ensure that all customer needs are addressed, such as: answering customer inquiries, solving customer complaints, and processing customer transactions in a timely manner.
- Inspect register areas and the retail floor to verify they are stocked, and merchandise is properly sorted.
- Manage store funds securely and process cash deposits in a timely manner.
- Assist the Retail Floor Manager with the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Maintain professionalism while communicating with peers, managers and customers.
- Collaborate with store management to ensure operations and production work as a team toward the same goals - this may include sharing some responsibilities between the two departments.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested by the Retail Floor Manager or General Manager.
- 2+ years of experience working in retail.
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
- Customer Oriented- Provide creative approaches to improve customer experience.
- Attention to Detail- Monitor the store to ensure that team members have maintained a visually appealing store, through the proper displaying of merchandise.
- Job Recognition- Recognize when to escalate appropriate or specific situations to the Retail Floor Manager.
- Reliability- Shows commitment, dependability and accountability in one's work, and follows through on all designated tasks and projects regardless of interruption.
- Team Building- Work to develop, maintain, and promote positive working relationships within the Retail department to promote inclusivity.
- Communication- Be clear and articulate when speaking to a group or an individual, assuring that the intended message is fully comprehended.
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
- Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs without assistance throughout shift.
- Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations and noise levels.
- Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Interaction with customers, clients and the public at large.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.