Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offload trailer of donated merchandise, placing all merchandise in appropriate bins.
- Weigh bins, properly record and label, and put in order from oldest to newest.
- Monitor garbage levels, ensure garbage bins are removed before full.
- Frequently check garbage compacter level and operate when necessary.
- Continuously monitor stock levels for sub-departments and replenish bins when stock level is low.
- Relocate re-routed bins to respected sub-departments.
- Properly dispose of all unsellable and ragged off merchandise, and hazardous material.
- Monitor donation bins at the front of the store and transfer items to the back area to be processed.
- Bail all unsellable or ragged off merchandise.
- Oversee all back stock work.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the merchandise processing area is kept in an organized and clean manner in accordance to company housekeeping standards.
- Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft.
- Maintain a safe workplace by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to management and the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Immediately report employee accidents to management.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn while performing various tasks.
- Practice safe lifting and handling of merchandise.
- Input date, driver, vendor, location number and cart weight into the receiving spreadsheet to monitor stock on hand inventory levels.
- Assist management with the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Perform additional job related duties as requested by management.
- 1+ years of experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Previous experience operating a forklift, bailer, or garbage compactor is considered an asset.
- Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
- Physical Strength and Endurance- Perform physical requirements throughout duration of shift.
- Organizational Skills- Organizes received merchandise to efficiently fit in bins/cages.
- Collaboration- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Safety Conscious- Possesses proper form to effectively and safely conduct manual labor, follows safety guidelines when operating machinery.
- Communication Skills- Interacts effectively and professionally with team member and customers.
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
- Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs without assistance throughout shift.
- Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations and noise levels.
- Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Interaction with customers, clients and the public at large.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.