Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quality inspections for received merchandise to ensure items meet Company standards – check for rips, stains, odors, insects, dampness, etc.
- Properly dispose of all unsellable merchandise.
- Sort items belonging to different sub departments into appropriate bins to be re-routed.
- Ensure department bins are clearly marked with the accurate vendor code that reflects the location, date and poundage of the product being sorted.
- Hang approved inspected garment on the correct hanger, placing it on the designated line.
- Grade items according to established guidelines to determine price.
- Attach price tags on graded items; code merchandise as per Reduction Cost Code Standards.
- Move tagged items onto rolling racks and organize based on category, size and colour charts.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the merchandise processing area is kept in an organized and clean manner in accordance to company housekeeping standards.
- Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft.
- Maintain a safe workplace by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to management and the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Immediately report employee or customer accidents to management.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn while performing various tasks.
- Practice safe lifting and handling of merchandise.
- Roll racks onto the retail floor to replenish stock; providing customer service and helping to maintain store appearance by removing empty hangers, correcting misplaced items, etc.
- Assist in ragging out the identified colour tags to make space for new stock on the retail floor.
- Participate in floor changes, back-stock program.
- Assist management with the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Perform additional job related duties as requested by management.
- 1+ years of experience working in a retail warehouse environment.
- Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
- Concentration- Ability to accurately perform repetitive work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining department goals.
- Attention to Detail- Double-check work to provide consistent performance.
- Merchandise Knowledge- Ability to identify brands to effectively grade merchandise.
- Communication Skills- Interact effectively and professionally with team members and customers.
- Collaboration- Must work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
- Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs without assistance throughout shift.
- Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations and noise levels.
- Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Interaction with customers, clients and the public at large.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.