Position: Collections Driver
Type of Employment: Full Time
Reporting to: Collection Supervisor and Fleet Manager
Direct Reports: None
Talize is a proudly Canadian owned and operated national for-profit retailer offering quality resale apparel and housewares at unbeatable prices. As Canada’s newest and most unique shopping experience we offer new, like-new, and vintage items all under one roof. That means fantastic deals on brand names and designer fashions, and housewares!
At Talize, our mission is to reduce our carbon footprint one t-shirt at a time. Did you know, 85% of textiles end up in a landfill despite being 95% recyclable? When you join the Talize team, you are working towards diverting millions of pounds of textiles and other items from our landfills every year. Let’s make our Earth greener, together!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper handling of products collected from donation bins.
- Ensure all work areas such as product loading areas, collection bin sites and trailer sites are maintained, cleaned and in operational condition.
- Work in collaboration with collection supervisors for maintenance of bins and replacements as and when required.
- Ensure all garbage collected from the collection bin is disposed of to the dump yard and warehouse compactors on a day-to-day basis.
- Scan and access all products collected from home pick up locations and ensure if the products are resalable and in compliance with the company standards.
- Ensure all product deliveries and pickups are scheduled to Talize stores as and when needed.
- Assist the administration team in collecting company supplies from vendors as required.
- Responsible to report any incidents or accidents to immediate supervisor or manager for further action.
- Ensure all company protocols, transportation by laws are followed for operation of commercial trucks and are in compliance with the Ministry of Transportation.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the vehicles and make sure that the vehicle is in operational condition before the start and end of each shift.
- Maintain good communication with the third-party vendors and customers ensuring effective customer service.
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards fellow workers, donors, and customers on a regular basis.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a driver or in a similar capacity.
- Minimum of 25 years of age.
- Experience driving at least 18-24 feet truck/vehicle.
- Must have G license with good drivers abstract.
- Communication skills – Must be able to read and speak English well enough to understand road signs, prepare reports, and communicate with law enforcement officers and the public.
- Integrity and honesty- Must be able to work with complete honesty and dedication by showing to work at time and completing the given tasks as assigned.
- Decision making- Clear understanding of the product that needs to be collected from the donation sites.
- Tactful and people skills- Aware of the surrounding and situations and react according to the situation.
- Flexibility- Extremely flexible to perform various job duties and adapt as per schedule.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs. or more without assistance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Physically alert while driving vehicle.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.