- Sweep, dry mop, and wet mop hard surface flooring.
- Operate commercial style floor scrubber to remove marks and polish floors.
- Vacuum and spot clean floor mats.
- Disinfect all high-touch surface areas using provided and approved cleaning products.
- Deep clean customer and employee washrooms, including restocking soap and paper supplies.
- Empty garbage bins, properly dispose of waste, and replace bin liners.
- Wash all store windows, windowsills, doors, and trim.
- Clean all store mirrors.
- Dust racks, fixtures, and all other hard surfaces where dust gathers.
- Clean and maintain store offices, kitchen, and break area.
Health and Safety
- Ensure proper signage is displayed when cleaning to prevent any injuries.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn while performing various duties.
- Practice safe lifting and handling of cleaning products, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain a safe workplace by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to management and the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- High dusting and ceiling cleaning must be performed as required.
- Maintain inventory level of cleaning solution and products, informing management to purchase more cleaning solution and product when levels are low.
- Report maintenance issues to management, such as clogged toilet, burnt out lightbulbs, etc.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested by management.
- 1+ years of experience working as a cleaner is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets and WHMIS is considered an asset.
- Attention to Detail - Carefully monitor the detail and quality of work to provide consistent performance.
- Organization and Time Management - Multitask in a fast-paced working environment.
- Self-Sufficient - Work independently and understand and complete what is required to get the job done without supervision.
- Physical Strength and Endurance - Perform physical requirements of the job for the duration of shift.
- Cleaning Knowledge – Identity and know how to use cleaning solutions, supplies, and equipment.
- Stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Bend, reach, pull, push, and use hands for repetitive actions.
- Capable of carrying and/or handling cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Ability to use a ladder and extension equipment to clean high surfaces.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Exposure to dirt, insects, garbage, excreted waste matter, and rodents.
- Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations and noise levels.
- Work schedule hours will include mornings, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.