Talize is a proudly Canadian owned and operated national for-profit retailer offering quality resale apparel and housewares at unbeatable prices. As Canada’s newest and most unique shopping experience we offer new, like-new, and vintage items all under one roof. That means fantastic deals on brand names and designer fashions, and housewares!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the general operation of the Retail Sales Floor, make decisions and take reasonable action.
- Responsible for the selection, screening, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of Retail Floor Team Members.
- Train Retail Floor Supervisors and Retail Floor Team Members on point of sale operations, customer service, merchandising, loss prevention, company policies and recovery duties – among other tasks.
- Collaborate as an integral part of the management team by providing support, attending meetings, and sharing information.
- Provide direction to Retail Floor Team regarding company policies and procedures.
- Recognize and report policy infractions to the General Manager and Human Resources. Conduct and participate in all performance management meetings.
- Responsible for on-going performance assessment conversation against set goals.
- Assist in the implementation of employee recognition programs and events.
Health and Safety
- Confirm that all register areas, the retail floor, fitting rooms, and washrooms are organized and clean in accordance to company housekeeping standards.
- Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft. Take appropriate action when external and internal theft occurs.
- Provide a safe workplace environment by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to the General Manager and Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Manage all workplace accidents, complete and submit proper documentation in a timely manner and inform the JHSC, General Manager and Human Resources.
- Regularly complete floor walks to determine priorities and delegate tasks to team members in morning meetings and throughout the day.
- Accurately handle all register transactions including exchanges, refunds, cancellations, tax exemption, etc.
- Promptly provide pricing verification for merchandise when tags are missing or when a price is in question at the register.
- Ensure that all customer needs are addressed, such as: answering customer inquiries, solving customer complaints, and processing customer transactions in a timely manner.
- Oversee the register areas and the retail floor to ensure they are stocked and merchandise is properly sorted.
- Plan, create and execute weekly schedules for the retail department.
- Responsible for the handling, reconciliation and security of all store funds.
- Accurate and timely completion of administrative duties.
- Direct the retail floor team in the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Maintain professionalism while communicating with peers, managers and customers.
- Collaborate with store management to ensure operations and production work as a team toward the same goals - this may include sharing some responsibilities between the two departments.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested by the General Manager.
- 4+ years of experience working in retail.
- 3+ years of managerial experience in a high volume fast-paced environment.
- Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
- Customer Oriented- Understand our customers, business and competitors, and look for creative approaches to provide or improve customer experience.
- Reliability- Shows commitment, dependability and accountability in one's work, and follows through on all designated tasks and projects regardless of interruption.
- Team Building- Work to develop, maintain, and promote positive working relationships within the Retail department to promote inclusivity.
- Drive for Results- Constantly re-assess department and store priorities while communicating and delegating accordingly to achieve desired goals.
- Communication- Be clear and articulate when speaking to a group or an individual; assuring that the intended message is fully comprehended.
- Performance Management - Set clear expectations for job assignment and monitor employee’s performance; when giving feedback provide suggestions and coaching for future development.
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
- Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs throughout shift.
- Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Interaction with customers, clients and the public at large.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.