Talize is a proudly Canadian owned and operated national for-profit retailer offering quality resale apparel and housewares at unbeatable prices. As Canada’s newest and most unique shopping experience we offer new, like-new, and vintage items all under one roof. That means fantastic deals on brand names and designer fashions, and housewares!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee store operations including customer service, retail floor, on site donations, and merchandise processing room.
- Regularly complete floor walks to determine priorities and delegate tasks to direct reports in morning meetings and throughout the day.
- Mentor direct reports regarding company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the selection, screening, interviewing, hiring, and orienting of Team Members, and Supervisors.
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of Merchandise Processing and Retail Floor Managers.
- Work with Area Manager and Human Resources to create performance improvement plans for direct reports.
- Accurate completion of administrative paperwork pertaining to direct reports and facilitating all performance management meetings.
- Recognize and report policy infractions to the Area Manager and Human Resources. Facilitate all corrective action meetings for direct reports.
- Responsible for the off-boarding of direct reports, including but not limited to completing termination meetings, submitting termination paperwork/requests to Human Resources.
- Implement employee recognition programs and events.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that customer service, retail floor, on site donations, and merchandise processing room are organized and clean.
- Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft. Take appropriate action when external and internal theft occurs.
- Provide a safe workplace environment by identifying and properly removing any hazards or potential hazards and reporting hazards to the Area Manager and Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Manage all workplace accidents, complete and submit proper documentation in a timely manner and inform the Joint Health and Safety Committee, Area Manager and Human Resources.
- Plan and create the weekly schedule for Merchandise Processing Manager, Merchandise Processing Supervisors, Retail Floor Manager, and Retail Floor Supervisors.
- Oversee and verify accuracy of Team Member weekly schedules submitted by Merchandise Processing Manager, and Retail Floor Manager.
- Develop creative plans to increase store sales.
- Manage store expense control and payroll to optimize the business.
- Ensure that all customer needs are addressed, such as: answering customer inquiries and solving customer complaints.
- Facilitate the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Maintain professionalism while communicating with peers, managers, customers and while using the store intercom system.
- Collaborate with direct reports to ensure operations and production work as a team toward the same goals.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested by the Area Manager.
- 3+ years of experience in a retail store management position responsible for high-volume store performance.
- 5+ years of experience in a retail environment.
- Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
- Commercial Focus - Strong eye for performance drive while having an understanding of the industry movements.
- Leadership - Empower Supervisors and Managers to offer suggestions and improvements, supports them if things go wrong and encourage them to learn from setbacks and failures.
- Managing Performance - When giving feedback, provide suggestions and coaching for future development.
- Operational Focus - Always be offering a quality product, improving customer service, overcoming challenges and controlling operational costs.
- Resilience – High level of self-motivation with ability to take initiative.
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
- Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs throughout shift.
- Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Interaction with customers, clients and the public at large.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.